Conference and Journal Papers
- E. Saurez, K. Hong, D. Lillethun, B. Ottenwaelder, and U. Ramachandran. “Incremental Deployment and Migration of Geo-Distributed Situation Awareness Applications in the Fog.” ACM International Conference on Distributed Event-Based Systems (DEBS ’16), June 20 – 24, 2016, Irvine, CA, USA.
- winner of the “Honorable mention” award at DEBS 2016
- B. Ottenwaelder, B. Koldehofe, K. Rothermel, K. Hong, D. Lillethun, and U. Ramachandran. “MCEP: A Mobility-aware Complex Event Processing System.” ACM Transactions on Internet Technology. Vol. 14 (1), pp. 6:1-6:24. 2014. ACM press.
- K. Hong, B. Ottenwaelder, D. Lillethun, B. Koldehofe, and U. Ramachandran. “Opportunistic Spatio-Temporal Event Processing for Mobile Situation Awareness.” Seventh ACM International Conference on Distributed Event-Based Systems (DEBS ’13), June 29 – July 3, 2013, Arlington, Texas, USA.
- K. Hong, B. Ottenwaelder, D. Lillethun, B. Koldehofe, and U. Ramachandran. “Mobile Fog: a Programming Model for Large-Scale Applications on the Internet of Things.” Second Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC ’13) Workshop (in conjunction with ACM SIGCOMM), August 12, 2013, Hong Kong, China.
- K. Hong, D. Lillethun, S. Smaldone, L. Iftode, and U. Ramachandran. “Target Container: A Target-Centric Parallel Programming Abstraction for Video-based Surveillance.” Fifth ACM/IEEE International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras, August 22-25, 2011.
- D. Lillethun, D. Hilley, S. Horrigan, and U. Ramachandran. “MB++: An Integrated Architecture for Pervasive Computing and High-Performance Computing.” IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA ’07), August 2007.
- J. Mambretti, D. Lillethun, J. Lange, and J. Weinberger. “Optical Dynamic Intelligent Network Services (ODIN): An experimental control-plane architecture for high-performance distributed environments based on dynamic lightpath provisioning.” IEEE Communications Magazine, 44(3), March 2006, pp. 92-99.
- U. Ramachandran, M. Modahl, I. Bagrak, M. Wolenetz, D. Lillethun, B. Liu, J. Kim, P. Hutto, and R. Jain. “MediaBroker: A pervasive computing infrastructure for adaptive transformation and sharing of stream data.” Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 1(2), July 2005, pp. 257-276.
- J. Mambretti, J. Weinberger, J. Chen, E. Bacon, F. Yeh, D. Lillethun, R. Grossman, Y. Gu, and M. Mazzuco. “The Photonic TeraStream: Enabling Next Generation Applications through Intelligent Optical Networking at iGrid 2002.” Future Generation Computer Systems, 19(6), August 2003, pp. 897-908.
- D. Lillethun, J. Almaula, T. Horozov, C. Sparrell, and V. Vasudevan. “Recording Media Content on Different Devices.” U.S. Patent Application No. US 2008/0212941 A1. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, (filing date) December 2005, (publication date) September 2008.
- D. Lillethun, J. Lange, and J. Weinberger. “Simple Path Control Specification.” Internet Draft, August 2004 (updated February 2006).